Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! We’re interested in bookmarks and the guidelines for those are the same as our cards: handmade, cardstock or laminated, signed with your first name and city, designed for kids and/or seniors, something they can cherish year round, no size requirements, etc.
Yes, we are! Please continue to check our social sites for updates.
Your wonderful cards are being sent to hospitals, foster homes, senior living homes, patients’ homes, and schools across the globe!
We are unable to sign off on volunteer hours for making cards. Please reach out if you are in the Chicagoland area and are interested in volunteering.
There are 4 ways to get involved:
- Make cards
- Host a video conferencing event at work
- Host an event with family or friends
- Make cards on your own
- Donate (donations help cover)
- Postage costs
- Shipping supplies (boxes, labels, tape)
- Art supplies
- Portable gaming systems donations
- Prep cards for delivery (Chicagoland area only)
- Counting/reviewing card content
- Taking pictures of cards for social media pages
- Packaging cards for shipping
- Spread the word
- Tell everyone why you love volunteering with Cardz for Kidz!
Please visit cardzforkidz.org/how-to/ for more details
No. We only accept handmade cards.
No. We do not need envelopes, but if you have some you can send them, and we’ll share them with another nonprofit that needs them.
Card Making Process
- Get as creative as you’d like! Some people like to create abstract pieces, trace, or even cut out pictures from magazines
- Uplifting Spirits is our main goal, so our Golden Rule is, please DO NOT say things like “Get well soon”, “Stay Strong”, “Hang in there”
- Card Stock is preferred over Construction Paper
- Please avoid fuzz balls and pipe cleaners
- They don’t stick to the cards
- Less likely to be sanitary
No, we accept cards and bookmarks of all sizes, but we ask that everyone keeps in mind that these need to be shipped around the world.
Although holiday cards are great, we’d prefer if you don’t make holiday cards. The people that we serve have lasting conditions and your cards should be enjoyed year round and not just around the holidays.
- Chinese – Mandarin
- French – Quebec & Haiti
- Portuguese – Portugal & Brazil
- Creole – Haiti & Florida
- Chinese – Cantonese – Hong Kong
- Samoan- Alaska
- Polish – Illinois
- Kinyarwandi – Michigan
- Italian – Massachusetts
Post Card Making Process
Cardz for Kidz!, 323 East Wacker Drive #11, Chicago, IL 60601
Although we accept cards from around the world, we do not have global mailboxes at this time. Everyone must send their cards to the address above.
Currently, the most efficient way for us to notify you is via social media. Be sure to include your Instagram and/or Twitter handle with your deliveries and we’ll have a thank you post to confirm receipt and share the card destinations!
Please send your cards in a large, sealable zip lock bag to keep them safe during the shipping process. You can send all the cards in one large bag.