Mission Statement: Cardz for Kidz! is an organization dedicated to uplifting the spirits of hospitalized and/or traumatized children across the globe by delivering inspiring homemade cards!
Slogan: Cardz for Kidz! Uplifting Spirits, One Card at a Time
Many people have asked how we came up with our Mission Statement and Slogan.
The Mission Statement indicates we partner with groups who agree to make encouraging cards for children. All cards are designed to help the children take their mind off of their illness or most recent trauma.
There are several factors that led to the ‘one card at a time’ slogan. We know what you’re thinking, “we’ve heard that ‘one at a time’ phrase used so much. That’s not creative”. Here are some examples:
- The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. – Abraham Lincoln
- One step at a time is good walking. – Chinese Proverb
- Take life one day at a time..it’s not how fast we move or how long we live…it’s how we cherish every moment…
There are many quotes or themes using the phrase one _ at a time. We believe that statement encompasses our overall message. Here’s why that quote fits us:
- Keeping Track – As highlighted in a previous post, we tally the total amount of cards made by each participant, one at a time. Although “competition” is fun, we want to note who we need to thank and their contribution levels.
- Room by Room Guarantee – Before we send cards to a hospital they must promise that all of the cards will be handed out room to room, one at a time. This ranges from being placed on their dinner tray to staff decorating the patients’ wall for their birthday. Based on this pledge, each individual card is important.
- Large Impact – Currently, we’re simply providing the hospitals uplifting cards. While some may say, ‘you’re simply giving away decorated paper’, individuals who have seen the smiles on the recipients faces understand that it means SO much more. The family immediately feel special because this ‘One Card’ that was hand delivered was made just for them.
In summary, by participating and making one or more cards it’s clear that you’re a direct contributor in uplifting spirits, One Card at a Time.
To see more pictures and stories please check out our Facebook page, facebook.com/cardzforkidz or follow us on Twitter @cardzforkidz